Moving to a new country is always a big step, for everyone, everywhere.
But don’t worry, we will help you.
Klarna has relocated people from all over the world to its offices in Europe. We know what it’s like to move to a new country and it’s not always a straightforward process. Some bumps are to be expected but the good news is that we have seen most of them already. Klarna provides relocation services to people that we hire in other parts of the world.
We have come to understand that a full end-to- end relocation process works best for people that move to Stockholm. When you come to a new country it might not always be straightforward what you should and need to do. We have experience of relocating over 50 nationalities from all around the globe. Our partners and our relocation team provide you with professional services to make sure that we support you from start to finish. When we hire you, we invest in you.
What it’s like to live like a Swede.
While Sweden and Stockholm are famous for the quality of life, Sweden might also be famous for its high taxes. A large share of the taxes you pay however goes into providing a work–life balance within society. When it comes to choosing a place to start a family, Sweden has plenty of winning arguments. Here are some of them:
● Special care for expecting mothers
● A very long paid parental leave with gender equality – 480 days per child
● A monthly child allowance for children until the age of 16th
● Free access to well organized public healthcare for all people registered in Sweden
● Free dental care for children up to age of 18
● Free university studies for EU/EEA/Nordic citizens
● Free school system for all registered in Sweden
● Free public bus rides with prams
● Baby friendly public areas
● Child-specific libraries around the country such as Rum för Barn (‘Room for Kids’, web information only in Swedish) in Stockholm which has children’s books in different languages as well as activities such as painting, crafts and sing-alongs.
● Public transportation that can get you to work in 15-30 minutes even if you live in a suburb with nature just around the corner
● Top three English proficiency in the world according to EF
The tax system in Sweden actually works. Overall Swedes doesn’t have that much to worry about, and this might be the reason why we love to talk about the weather. The Swedish system is unique and it’s always pushing for equality and innovation. If you want to read more please check out https://sweden.se/society/
Important considerations before you take a decision to relocate
OK, so Sweden seems like a nice and friendly place but there are always things that you need to consider before you start a relocation process. As mentioned, relocation is not a thing to take lightly. It is always a big step – for everyone.
Klarna has hired people from all over the world. Our organization is truly multicultural and we love the benefits of having a diverse set of experiences and perspectives. This is one reason to our continued success.
Join us and be part of this wonderful journey to become the World’s favorite way to buy!